Monday 30 June 2008

Week 5


1. A box of old floppy discs. I pulled all the documents off them (mostly school work, some possibly embarrassing junvenalia and -- geekily thrilling, the game I made for my GCSE computer studies project (left). It doesn't work. I'm not sure if it ever did, as the project was only marked on the documentation, not the computery bit. But I actually think that it was one of the most useful things I ever learnt at school, and I thoroughly enjoyed making the game, which was a point and click called The Wrath of Zevrion). They are now stashed on Nick's computer (mine doesn't have a disc drive) and I need to take my podule round this week so I can bring them home. I was about to offer the now-blank discs to Nick, and then I noticed that he has a lot of blank discs already, diligent creature that he is. So I put the lot in the bin, and it felt good.

2. A bag of foreign coins and a fistful of low denomination foreign notes -- to the stamp shop.

3. My great aunt's Pitman's certificates -- ditto.

To come -- there is an event round the corner on Sunday to which one brings a bag of women's clothes, pays £4 and takes away another bag of clothes. I am going through my wardrobe right now.

No comments: