Monday 21 July 2008

I have been a bit bad about posting -- and getting rid of stuff -- these last few weeks. But I sent two books on their way by Book Crossing in this time, so I'm hoping that counts.

Here is what I have done so far this week towards getting rid of stuff:

1. Threw away several unwearable pairs of knickers.
2. Put an ad in two papers to sell my sofa.
3. Book crossed two more books. As I was leaving the park, I saw an old man bending over to look at them.
4. Book crossed another book.
5. Threw away a stash of old envelopes -- I keep them because I like to make notes on them; but there will ALWAYS be old envelopes.
6. Shredded bank statements and bills older than two years.
7. Went through a box of birthday cards and letters and kept only the ones I really cared about. This was hard -- some of the letters stirred up a bit of emotion. But it felt good to shred the ones I didn't need any more. I kept them because I felt they were important. By getting rid of them, I am stating that they are no longer important; I think this deadens the emotions.
8. A dress and jumper that I no longer need to charity
9. A mirror and a shoe hanger to charity.
10. Another book to Bookcrossing.

I have also phoned three removal companies about moving house.

It's getting harder and harder to find things to get rid of, now.

No comments: